Are you looking to increase your recording speed? Do you want to record both the main singer and all the backup singers all at the same time? As you well know this is going to increase a recording speed as well as reduced the time that you spend in the studio. But if you’re looking for how to record multiple voices at once you would need anything like an amplifier or any other possible means to achieve this
For most producers, recording takes almost two days, sometimes three or four. Profile producer who has a lot of work to do spending three days in the studio is going to reduce productivity level. Which is why it is important to look for several means of increasing speed.
Is It Possible To Record Multiple Voices At Once?
This is a straight question that deserves a straight answer and the simple answer to this question is yes. Yes, you can increase speed by recording multiple voices at once. Now, give me wonder how it is going to be possible, as mentioned earlier, you’re going to need anything from amplifiers to apps, or even any other gadget that is available to you.
So the simple answer to that question is that it is possible, in fact very very possible to record multiple voices at once, all the jobs have to do is follow the simple steps which will be outlined in this article.
Record Multiple Voices At Once – How Do You Do It?
- If you recall, I said you would need anything from amplifiers to apps to any other possible equipment. However for a more decent job you should use mixers or preamps.
- For the sake of this article, we’re going to be talking about how to record several voices with a microphone using your PC. There are several ways you can do this and one of the most helpful and useful over the years is using a USB device.
- The USB device allows you to plug in at least two and most times not more than three microphones into your PC. You must know however that when you’re doing this you are not only recording each voice separately you would be recording several voices and you don’t want them to be too close to each other.
- Having the microphones to close while you’re recording a song for example will lead to having a clustered outcome. It is going to be extra difficult to edit such an audio file. The point of this and what you need to do is to take each microphone far away from the other as much as possible so that you don’t get distorted.
- You can also use mixers and preamps. This will help you to record at a fast pace, smooth, and clearly. It would not be over said that recording directly into your preamp or mixer helps you to get the exact quality that you are looking for.
- To help you further you can decide to use one which I’m going to explain to you right now. Focusrite Scarlett 18i8. This preamp helps you to bring all your band together in one place without worrying about how to get each instrument or vocalist in the song at the same time.
- It will be greatly relieving to know that you can bring all your friends, everyone in the group together to record your song. This preamp gives you the advantage. There are others that you can look for, many more out there and you just have to look.
What Are The Other Ways To Record Multiple Voices At Once ?
If you can’t afford the above-mentioned process or procedure don’t worry there are other ways of achieving the same task. You have to remember however and that it is not going to be as easy as using the Focusrite Scarlett.
Below I’m going to be listing some of the ways that you can use to solve the same problem, read through each of them carefully, and choose the one that works best for you.
1 Sharing The Mic
One of the oldest ways known to recording artists and producers is to share the mic or come back to the studio one after the other.
This is old and sometimes difficult to pull off, but it sure has a way of solving the issue. You’re sharing the mic with your co singers, you can have one person use it then when the others need to use it, they come closer to the microphone.
One downside to this method is that it makes the recording process a little bit stressful and difficult. Singers want to be free and comfortable when they are singing or performing. Transfering the mic from one person to the other makes the job a lot harder.
Another downside to this is that instrumentalist and choral performances are going to be hindered in fact it will not be possible when you’re sharing mics.
2.Using The Interview Style
You know when you are being interviewed with a mic, the interviewer usually talks and then passes mic right to you. This may not bring smoothness to recording but it sure does help you record multiple multiple voices at once.
When you’re recording using this style, you can have all the singers and performers all at the same place. When one single is done singing he passes the mic to the other who in turn passes it right back.
Well, that is that on recording multiple voices at once.
Remember that when you are Record Multiple Voices At Once directly with the USB device, you can have all the voices mixed up and that will make everything a lot difficult. So as I suggested earlier, you should try as much as you can to separate the microphones from each other in order to avoid noisy distortions.
I hope this tip was helpful. Endeavor to check the site whenever you have any other questions as regards microphone speakers and headphones.