Turtle beach stealth 700 is a well known headset for Xbox One. A headset is significant to enjoy gaming fully. On top of that, talking with your friends and comrades in gaming is fun and sometimes is even required to play some games.
However, due to some technical issues such as turtle beach stealth 700 mic not working, in this case can be quite a problem.
Now, sit back and relax because we have done some research on how to fix this problem. To save your time, let us give you a brief overview.
Check whether your ANC is activated or not. If it’s activated, your mic will not work at all. So be sure to inactivate it. But let’s go through some other solutions you can do whenever your turtle beach stealth 700 stops working.
But we recommend you to keep reading to the end since we have included some information that might be useful to and explained how to fix the issue in details.
Reasons Behind Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Mic Not Working
There could be multiple reasons why your Xbox one turtle beach stealth 700 mics stopped working. The most common is physical damage to the headset. If your headset falls too many times, it may damage the mic.
Let’s go through all the possible causes as to why your mic is not working.
1. Physical Damage
As mentioned earlier, the most common reason behind your mic not working is physical damage of any sort.
If your headset keeps falling a lot, it could damage your mic. In that case, you have to buy an extra mic or a new headset.
2. ANC Has Activated
The Xbox one headset turtle beach stealth 700 has a feature called Active Noise Cancellation feature and the mic monitor feature.
Now, if this Active Noise Cancellation or ANC gets activated, the mic monitor system stops working. So, this may be a reason behind your mic turning off.
3. Software Glitch
Sometimes, the software may glitch and temporarily turns off-mic. This is quite unusual, and even if this happens, this happens for a particular software.
Now that you know the most common reasons that are possibly responsible for your mic to stop working let’s go ahead and look at fixing this issue.
How To Fix Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Mics Not Working?
Now let’s talk about the critical part: how exactly can you fix this issue. The easiest way is to contact the support team of turtle beach stealth 700 headsets. However, at first, you should try to fix it yourself.
So let’s see how you can fix your headset mic.
a)Check Whether Mic Monitoring Is Activated
If you didn’t know, mic monitoring and Active Noise Cancellation or ANC in short, are related. Whenever one is on, the other one gets deactivated.
To check if the mic monitoring is functioning, follow the steps given below:
- Press the home button: At first, go to the home function on your Xbox by pressing the home button on your Xbox controller.
- Go to settings: Now enter settings and click on “All Setting.” Then enter “Kinect and Devices,” followed by the “Devices and Accessories.”
- Select Headset: You will see the “Headset” option and so you have to click on it. If you see that the ANC is activated, press the power button and deactivate it.
- Now, you should be able to use your mic again. However, do a little test run and see if it’s working or not.
b)Check Whether Icon Rings Or Not
If your mic is still not working, then follow this step. Hold a party in-game, and you can do this without inviting your friends and test whether your mic is OK or not. Now, if your mic is working, your icon will ring.
If that happens, it means that the problem is not with your mic, preferably with the software you are running or, in other words, the game. You can restart the whole program, and this should solve the issue.
Sometimes, factory resetting your headset would enable the mic again. Let’s take a look at how to reset your headset with the following steps below.
- The first step is to download the audio hub from the turtle beach website. And after downloading, you can easily find the option to enable the audio hub.
- The next step is connecting your hub to a micro USB and test the sound and mic. Make sure to increase the sound to hear whether your mic is working correctly or not.
- Last but not least, Click on the “Restore” option below the headset image that is shown on the left side of your screen and then click on “Yes.” Finally, click on “OK” and you’re done. The factory reset will start.
d)Contact Support Team
Now, if, unfortunately, none of the above steps works, then it’s best to contact the support team.
If you still have a warranty, then it’s great. But if you don’t, still contact them. Sometimes professional help is required as we can not fix all technical issues.
Moreover, by contacting the support team, you will get to know the exact reason why your mic is not working, and you will be able to prevent the same thing happening in the future.
Hopefully, by reading so far, you got to know the answer to fix your problem, “turtle beach stealth 700 mic not working” clearly.
Not working mic can be a big nightmare when you’re gaming as it could even prevent you from playing many multiplayer games.
However, by taking the given above step, you should make your turtle beach stealth 700 mics start working once again!