Are you experiencing difficulty with getting your voice heard by your fellow gamers on the other side? Have you confirmed that the problem is from your Nintendo Switch Fortnite and not from the game? Well here are a few tips to help you solve that problem. Playing internet multiplayer games is amazing and awesome.
What makes it even cooler is the fact that you can speak with your teammates over the game using your headphones’ mic. This enables you to warn them of impending danger. This is all that makes multiplayer games even more fun for everyone involved.
But how can you achieve this if your teammates cannot hear you? Impossible, right? That’s why in this article we will try to fix the problem of your Mic Not Working For Fortnite Switch.
What Could Be The Cause?
There are majorly two problems that can occur with your headphones when using them with Fortnite switch and they are:
- The mic doesn’t work when you’re chatting, this means that your teammates will not hear you
- The Audio isn’t working and this means that you can’t hear them. This one is most distressing because you can’t even tell if they can hear you or not.
Mic Not Working For Fortnite Switch – The Way to Fix Those Issue
Fortnite Mic Not Working To solve the problem, you must make sure that the chat is enabled, if not they won’t be able to hear you. Sometimes the chat could be on but they still can’t hear you. This probably would happen after a long time of using the game. You would need to turn off push-to-talk and turn it on again. This is basically how you’ll do that.
- If you’re not already logged in to your profile, ensure you do that first.
- Press the button with the plus (+) sign on your switch. This will bring out the main menu.
- A fresh screen should pop up. When it does, move to the icon showing a gear sign that appears at the top-right corner of your screen. You will find it just beneath the plus (+) on your screen.
- Double click on the “R” button. This will take you to the Audio settings.
- You should be able to see two settings options at the bottom. One is for Voice chat and the other is for Push-to-talk.
Usually, your voice chat is on the moment you launch the game. So you probably may never have had to turn it on. But in order to solve this problem, you would need to follow these steps.
- Turn the voice chat off. When this is off you have actually stopped the communication with your teammates.
- Navigate to the push-to-talk corner and you may see that it is on.
- The game would work like a walkie talkie where you have to press a particular button to be able to communicate. However, you need to turn it off.
- Exit the game completely and launch it again. Try to talk to your teammates and they will be able to hear from you now. You can also visit the settings again and make sure that the Voice chat is off and the Push-to-talk is off.
This should totally solve the problem. However, if you still cannot be heard, it could be an internal fault from your headset. You should try to test it with other devices. If, however, it works with other devices but not your Nintendo switch, you will have to contact Nintendo support team for a solution.
I hope these tips helped to solve To Mic Not Working For Fortnite Switch.