Are you thinking of enjoying your awesome game with friends but they can’t hear you on the other side? Do you think it might have something to do with your mic?
Have you asked your friends and they don’t know exactly what the problem might be? Don’t worry, here you will find out just how to fix Fortnite mic not working.
One thing that makes an internet multiplayer game more fun is the interaction that you get with friends. You’re not just shooting and docking, you’re trying to help your fellows make sure they don’t get killed.
You obviously can’t do this if your mic isn’t working. We will try our utmost to help you solve that problem as easily as possible. All you’ll have to do is to read it until the end.
Conditions That Are Possible
- If your headset mic isn’t coming on, that’s a totally different ballgame. You would need to contact your headset manufacturer.
- If the headset turns on but doesn’t work, even with other devices. The problem might be that the might has become faulty. You would also need to visit the manufacturer or a headphones specialist.
- If your headset turns on and the mic works with other devices but not with Fortnite, you will need to follow the following steps religiously.
How To Fix Fortnite Mic Not Working – 12 Ways To Fix
- Enter the main menu of your Fortnite game.
- Go to the settings and you will see the speaker icon.
- Double-click the speaker icon and you will see a few other settings like voice chat and voice chat method.
- Your voice chat should already be on so turn it off.
- Also, your voice chat method should be on ‘open mic’. Change it to ‘push to talk’.
- Save the settings, click the back button, and exit the settings interface.
- When that is done, you click on settings again and go back to the speaker icon.
- Now return the voice chat to on. Remember you previously turned it off.
- Also, return the voice chat method to ‘open mic’. Remember you previously changed it to ‘push to talk’.
- When you have done that you can now save the settings.
- Exit the game entirely. Like you should quit it.
- After quitting the game, load it again and test it this time. Your mic should be back to work.
This approach should totally Fix Fortnite Mic Not Working. However, as I earlier mentioned if your headphones don’t work with other games or devices, then it’s probably the fault of your headphones and you should get them checked out. I hope this helps you fix the problem.
I hope now you get the discussion of how to fix Fortnite mic not working.