In the age of technology, the demand for human beings is increasing day by day, and so technicians are creating different things to make people’s lives comfortable and easier. Likewise, microphone is one of the most productive crops of technology. Microphone is one of the means of capturing sound waves in the air.
The demand for human microphone usage is increasing day by day, and therefore different types of microphones are being manufactured on a regular basis. Today I will discuss you about the Different Microphone Types.
Different Microphone Types | Explained
There are usually four types of microphones. They are:
- Dynamic microphones
- Large diaphragm condenser microphones
- Small diaphragm condenser microphones
- Ribbon microphones
Dynamic mix is the workhorses, in the world of microphones. In contrast of a dynamic mixer, the suspended induction coil can act as a speaker. It can manage high SPL. You can buy them with cheap rate. So you should collect dynamic microphones. The dynamic microphone s has versatile system. This is one of the versatile SM57 recording tools.
Sennheiser MD421, starting SM7B, Electrovis RE20 with the grand slam price-to-performance ratio of the SM57 Duradant mix which is none of anything else. Due to snare drums and Guiter cabs, many engineers are choose dynamic microphones. It is consistent for home recording.
The necessary features of dynamic microphones are:
- Dynamic microphones are called the workhorses.
- Dynamic microphones can dominate large SPL.
- You can buy high SPL with cheap rate.
Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphones
In professional recording studios, Large diaphragm condenser microphone is used. To handling every task it is best for you. Acoustic vibrations to electric current, it can convert. That means, it will take 48V extra energy source to maintain them.
Because of this, it is very delicate more than ribbon mix and provides loud signal output. Large diaphragm condenser microphone can create “larger than life” sound.
The larger the diaphragm is, the higher the vibrations in the air. The large diaphragm variation easily, allowing for even minor diversity in sound levels, allowing more smooth and natural sounds to pass through. This is one of the most natural structure used in modern USB mixes.
The main features of the large diaphragm condenser microphones are:
- Large diaphragm condenser microphones are usages only professional recording studios.
- You can use it to manage every task.
- Large diaphragm condenser microphone can convert acoustic vibrations to electric current.
- It can make ‘larger than life’ sound.
Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphones
The small diaphragm condenser microphones also known as the pencil condenser microphones. It is little in size but very useful. It uses a light, small diagram, for sound capture. Small diaphragm condenser is very effective for realistic stereo techniques as well as acoustic instruments.
Due to the fact that it is often paired for stereo recording, it is especially efficient for creating accurate stereo images of real acoustic spaces. Heavy diaphragms of the dynamic mix are rarely responsive due to the low power in the small diaphragm condenser microphones.
The main features of small diaphragm condenser microphones are:
- Small diaphragm condenser microphones also called as the pencil condenser microphones.
- It size is very small.
- For realistic stereo techniques, you can use it.
Ribbon Microphones make their signals using an ultra-thin ribbon of electro-conductive elements suspended between the poles of a magnet. Although initially the design of the ribbon mixer is very fragile, it is not so fragile at present.
Ribbon microphones using thin aluminum ribbon instead of diaphragm to capture the sound. The ribbon mics is best for home recording.
The main features of ribbon microphones are:
- Ribbon mics are more effective than dynamic mics.
- More than condenser mics it has a relatively high frequency.
- Ribbon microphones are usuage thin aluminum ribbon.
In additional to those above, there are some sub-categories microphones. All these sub-categories microphones are there:
- Bass Microphones
- Multi-pattern microphones
- USB Microphones
- Boundary microphones
- Shotgun microphones
The bass microphone is known as the kick drum microphones. It can work any lower frequency instrument and on bass cabinets. It can capture bitter beside of the both lower stump.
The main features of bass mics:
- Bass microphones are a lower end boost.
- It has a tiny scoop.
- It can increase presence the around of 4K.
Multi-pattern microphones are seen as the large diaphragm condenser. It has a unique dual capsule design. The unique dual-capsule design helps you switch between polar patterns. Multi-pattern microphone helps you to create especially stereo recording and versatile tools.
The main features of Multi-pattern microphones:
- Multi-pattern microphone is look like a large diaphragm condenser.
- It works a unique dual capsule design.
- so this helps to compose stereo recording.
- It has versatile tools.
USB microphones are works and rise with bedroom studios and podcasting. Now it is very popular from before. It works laptop and tablets. To use it you can directly connect in laptop plug. The USB microphones are best for home recording.
The main features of USB microphones:
- USB microphones consistency with podcasting and bedroom studios.
- Now it is very famous.
- USB microphone is assists for laptop and some of tablets.
- With laptop you can connect it very easily.
- It interface is very easy to understand.
- It is applicable with home recording.
The boundary microphones are popular some of professional studio mixer. It recording tools is essential some of professionals. They use it for their recording arsenal. It does not use for home studios. Generally, Boundary microphones is use to work on a table. The boundary microphones, mount against the floor or wall as the flat surface of a room.
The main features of Boundary microphones:
- Boundary microphone is use professional studio mixer.
- The professionals use it for their recording arsenal.
- It is not preferable for home studio or home recording.
Shotgun microphones does not use in recording studio. It often seen to use in cinema or television. To see it many people are wonder. It use to collect out report and animals documentary. It sound quality is very high. So you can record anything with high sound.
The main features of Shotgun microphones:
- You can see the shotgun microphone in the television and cinema.
- It is not preferable for recording studio.
- Generally the shotgun microphone is use to collect the outing report and animals documentary.