Headset microphones can be an excellent option for actors, singers, musicians, and dancers who need to perform their singing duties.
They keep your hands free and enable you to move without any kind of restrictions when you are on the stage. This article will provide you with much-guided information about the best headset microphone for recording audio.
A headset microphone, in a fundamental sense, combines a headphone with a microphone. Headsets are makes either with a single earpiece that consider as mono headsets or a double earpiece that is refers to as stereo headsets.
They primarily provide the functionality that resembles a telephone handset that comes with hands-free operation.
Headset microphones used generally in call center jobs and even when anybody wishes to have his/her hands-free during the conversation, especially in the case of performances by celebrities.
If you are looking out to start your own YouTube channel or even a podcast, and you are finding your stationary microphone too restrictive, you must always opt-out for a headset microphone.
A good quality headset microphone can enhance the quality of your YouTube videos, and they play a vital part in your setup.
Top 10 Headset Microphone For Recording Audio – Comparison Table
#1 OneOdio Adapter Closed-Back Over
#2 Audio-Technical ATH-M20x
#3 Sony MDR7506 Professional Headphones
#4 Sennheiser HD280PRO Headphone
#5 Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Headphones
#6 Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless Headset Microphones
#7 Behringer HPX2000 Headphones
#8 FIFINE Wireless Microphone System
#9 AKG Y500 Foldable Wireless Earphones
#10 CAD Audio USB Stereo Headphones
Types Of Headset Microphone For Recording
Whether you are a gamer, a sportsman, or you want to purchase a headset microphone to experience its performance, you should know how many types of headset microphones there are.
Knowing the types means knowing the difference. And when you know the difference, choosing becomes simple.
So, in this article, we will give you detailed information on two different types of headset microphones. But, first, let’s read it from below.
Another name for these headset microphones is the office headset. It’s most popular among office-going people. It not only looks fantastic but also performs amazingly. Single ear headsets are great for surroundings like hassled busy audio.
They do not tangle much. Hence if you don’t want to keep it in much care, it will still work fine. Also, it can reduce a lot of safety hazards. The cost does not require a lot of money.
Such headset microphones are lightweight. Therefore you don’t feel any problem keep wearing them and working. They are found both wired and wireless.
Both the microphones work great, but the wireless headsets are getting much more popular. These headphones can provide a more excellent and more prosperous sound quality too.
This type of microphone headset is also called a noise-canceling headset. Such headsets are fantastic to use for increasing focus. It can pick up sounds that come from different directions.
The microphone which faces the mouth is called the primary microphone. The secondary microphone works to pick up the background noises coming from all directions.
It targets your voice, and the electronic system reduces background noises. So you get excellent sound quality and hear everything. Also, your voice is recorded clearly.
The price of such headset microphones is not much high or not much low. So you can afford them, but the excellent quality will require more money.
Top 10 Best Headset Microphone For Recording Audio Reviews
Out of the numerous brands that claim to manufacture high-class headset microphones, we have presented before you the top 10 headset microphones that can serve you in fulfilling your needs and requirements. Let us have an expansion review of them.
1. OneOdio Adapter Closed-Back Over-Ear Headphones (editor’s choice)
With OneOdio adapter closed-back over-ear headphones, you can enjoy superior and clear sound. They provide your ices. with great comfort when you put them on.
Their 50 mm speaker unit drivers help in providing you with powerful bass, clear vocals, and crisp high tones forming perfect hi-fi sound. For facilitating comfort along with noise isolation, it’s headband is pad with quality ear cushions.
To get you the desired angle to fit the headphones in, their headband is adjustable as well. They also aid you in providing single-ear monitoring.
Their flexible and self-adjustable headband helps in delivering a fatigue-free listening experience. This set of headset microphones work well with Android, iPad, iPod, iPhone, and many other audio devices
- The headbands of this headset microphone provide both noise isolation and comfort.
- Its DJ style coiled cord is completely detachable, and you quickly put it in the mixer you want to use.
- These headset microphones help in providing a high quality of sound.
- They also provide an excellent basal sound.
- They are highly portable as they can easily be put into a small bag by folding them easily.
- The cord that comes with this headset is not stretchable.
2. Audio-Technical ATH-M20x Headphones Review (Runnersup)
This set of headset microphones has an advanced level of build engineering and quality. Tracking and mixing become more comfortable with these headphones.
You can even tune these headsets if you are looking out for enhanced low-frequency performance. Excellent sound isolation in loud environments is facilitated by its circumaural design contours around the ears.
It has a convenient single-side cable exit to facilitate active studio tracking and mixing.
- They come up with rich, warm tones with an overall balanced sound.
- Around the ears it provides a good seal.
- These headphones are easily adjustable.
- Their sound quality is fantastic.
- You may find it a bit troublesome to find a comfortable spot to let these headsets sit.
3. Sony MDR7506 Professional Headphones Review (Powerful sounding)
The Sony MDR7506 professional headphones come up with neodymium magnets and a 40 mm driver that helps in
delivering powerful and detailed sound. Its closed-ear design helps in providing you with comfort and reduction of external noises as well.
It highly portable and can easily folded into a storage or travel case. Its frequency response is in the range of 10 Hz to 20 kHz.
These headset microphones have large diaphragms, and they feature rugged construction and have a secure, highly adequate closed-ear design.
- These headset microphones provide excellent mid, highs, and lows.
- They also serve you well as earmuffs.
- They sound fantastic and natural.
- Their ear pads ensure that there is no monitor leakage at loud volumes.
- They can easily compacte and can be stored in a little bag.
- They get pretty warm on ears quickly.
4. Sennheiser HD280PRO Headphone Review (Most compatible)
These headphones feature a high amount of ambient noise attenuation. They help in boost exact and linear sound reproduction. The soft ear pads of these headset microphones are comfortable to fit in.
For facilitating space-saving transport, these headsets come up with folding and rotating ear cups. The earpads of these headsets are makes of synthetic leatherette.
These headset microphones are robust, reliable, and have a single-sided cable. They are designe mainly for professional monitoring applications.
- These headset microphones ensure universal compatibility.
- An amusing sound quality they offers.
- They can usages effectively in both studios as well as home.
- Cut outside noise by 50%.
- Its input cable is attach to one side of the ear cup, and with every bump that the wore makes against something stationary is transmitted to your ears.
5. Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Headphones Review
The Logitech G933 Artemis spectrum headphones have advanced Pro-GTM audio drivers bears unbelievable audio with stereo, 7.1 DTS headphone, or 7.1 Dolby Surround: X surround sound.
The unique feature of these headset microphones is their ability to plug into three devices at once (1 USB and two analogs).
While playing games, it allows you to answer calls and play music. With RGB lighting, swappable backlit custom tags, this headset can customize, and 3 programmable G-keys to assign macros for complex gaming commands.
- This headset microphone provides a significant amount of battery timing.
- It has a microphone that provides you with a clear sound without any noise.
- With its adjustable headset, you can get decent noise isolation.
- These headset microphones are sturdy.
- Its volume regulator is too sensitive, and its button takes time to get adjust.
- Its speakers make a weird and loud click sound when the headset is waking up.
6. Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless Headset Microphones Review (classy looking)
The Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 wireless headset microphones come up with a 22-hour long battery life with both Bluetooth as well as noise-guard activated.
It ensures better performance during long commutes or plane flights. It uses 2 built-in microphones that help in improving the voice quality along with removing external noise during phone calls.
These headset microphones promote ultimate isolation to enhance the sound quality in noisy environments. It can be used easily on mobile devices as well. Its frequency response ranges from 16Hz to 22000 Hz.
- It has got extended battery life.
- This set comes with a lot of additional accessories as well.
- It has got a fluid-like sliding adjustment that can be easily controlled with a single hand tightening or loosening itself too much.
- It looks modern, fashionable, and classy.
- The flexible wires from earcups of this headset have a heavy-duty shielding as well.
- It’s charging port can relax up with time.
- This headset microphone has earpads that are smaller in size.
- The bass of these headsets can be overemphasized for some people.
7. Behringer HPX2000 Headphones Review (Budget-Friendly)
The Behringer HPX2000 headphones provide high definition bass along with super-transparent highs. They exhibit an ultra-high dynamic range.
These headphones can be the ideal choice for disc jockeys. The Behringer HPX2000 headphones feature high-efficiency cobalt capsules.
They aid in providing incredible high-resolution performance. It’s a budget-friendly feature that also makes it an apt selection.
These headphones are designed and engineered in Germany, and they have rotating, reversible round-shaped ear cups along with an ultra-rugged headband construction. With oxygen-free copper wires, it has a single-sided cord.
- Do not need an adapter of these headphones.
- These headphones provide an excellent level of bass tones.
- The sound quality of these headphones is pretty good.
- They are budget-friendly.
- They are comfortable to wear.
- The headband of these headphones is narrower and flimsy.
8. FIFINE Wireless Microphone System Review (Most Suitable For Active Speakers)
The FIFINE wireless microphone system is versatile and compatible. It can work effectively with the PA system, mixer, amplifier, audio receiver as well as the camera. However, it is not too compatible with PC and laptops.
The headset and the lavalier microphone that come up with this set are ideal for applications that require maximum performance and mobility.
Its unidirectional condenser microphone ensures enhanced vocal pickup as well as clean, transparent audio.
The accessories that come up with this set include a headset microphone and a lavalier microphone, wireless transmitter and receiver, windscreens and tie-clip, and a ¼” to ⅛” adapter-cable.
Its wireless lapel microphone system has 20 frequencies for seamless and interference-free operation.
- This headset microphone promotes versatility as well as compatibility with mixers, electric guitar amplifiers, pa speakers, and soundboards that gave a ¼” interface to output the sound that is ideal for conference speech, teaching lectures, and visiting guides.
- Its headset microphone fits perfectly for active speakers and vocal performers.
- It exhibits excellent sound quality.
- It has got an easy setup.
- It’s budget-friendly.
- It does not have a cold shoe rise.
- You may get interference at times while recording a video.
9. AKG Y500 Foldable Wireless Earphones Review (better call quality)
The AKG Y500 Foldable wireless earphones have a unique feature of play and pause automation. Resumes playing automatically when it is placed back over your ears, and This headphone automatically pauses when it is taken off.
Another of its fascinating features includes its multi-point connectivity.
The pairing of two Bluetooth devices at once becomes more comfortable with it, and your headphones can intuitively switch between devices.
It is explicitly made to suit your style, and its sleek design allows you to stream your preferred songs wirelessly, even when you are in a crowd. With its ear controls, you can easily control the volume and take calls. Its ear cushions are lightweight and satisfying.
- It provides full and consistent sound in both wired and wireless modes.
- It also provides better call quality in both wired and wireless modes.
- This set of headphones can work well, even in a busy environment.
- It comes up with a unique feature of ambient awareness, which makes you aware of your surroundings with a press of a button.
- These headphones are comfortable to wear.
- Nothing as specific.
10. CAD Audio USB Stereo Headphones Review (Best Noise Cancellation Headset)
The CAD audio USB stereo headphones come up with a high-quality boom mic. The unidirectional feature of its mics reduces the background noise to a high level.
These headset microphones can serve you well for podcasting, speech recognition, gaming, singing, and Skype. The low profile design of these headset microphones promotes an excellent level of portability.
For facilitating more comfortable use, it comes with an extended USB cable, which is 10-inch long.
- The sound quality of these headphones is exceptional.
- The ear-pads of its headset provide noise cancellation and work pretty well.
- These headset microphones can provide you excellent quality audio calls too.
- The pads of this headset are not big enough to be put over the year.
- The headphones are too tight. If you wear them for too long, your ears might hurt.
How to Select The Best Headset Mics For Recording Audio? Buying Guide
Choosing the right kind of headset with a microphone can be a trickier proposition.
Numerous things are needed to be considered when it comes to buying the right headset with a microphone that will suit your desired needs and requirements.
Let us have a look at those factors which will guide you in making the correct buying choice while purchasing headset microphones.
The Directionality Of The Microphone
Like different kinds of microphones, headset microphones can also be classified as unidirectional, bidirectional, and omnidirectional. Unidirectional microphones pick up the sound from the front.
When it comes to actors and singers, the use of unidirectional microphones is quite common. They help in providing a sufficient amount of protection from background noise.
Bidirectional microphones, on the other hand, are very rare to be found on headsets.
Bidirectional microphones can easily capture sound from the front and the back but not the different directions. On the contrary, omnidirectional microphones capture sound from all directions.
Omnidirectional microphones are not a preferred choice of actors and musicians as they have a poor filtration of ambient noise.
Wireless Vs Wired
In terms of connectivity, headset microphones further categorized into two variants, namely wired and wireless. Some headset microphones are a hybrid of models that work well with both connection types. Wireless models come with a short output cord. This cord goes into the bodypack.
Some of the notable and famous brands of body packs are Shure and Sennheiser. It has been seen that wireless headsets are usually compatible with at least one of them. Wired headset sets, on the other hand, are popularly known as direct headsets.
They have longer output cords, and they can be easily plugged into a mixer. Wired headsets provide users with a lesser amount of mobility, unlike their wireless counterparts.
The construction of a headset microphone should also be taken into consideration while purchasing one. Headset microphones that are heavier in weight and robust generally have a longer life. They are usually more resistant to wear and tear due to continuous use.
Their outfitting is done with larger microphones and windscreens. They can be a choice of preference for settings where stealth is not considered that necessary.
However, certain users may find such headphones excessively heavy for prolonged use. The super-light models, on the contrary, are made specifically to fit in effortlessly. Generally, they are finished in beige to mimic the natural complexion of the skin.
They come up with tiny microphones. The super-light models of headset microphones are a great option to be used for TV performances and other settings where stealth is mostly preferred, but at the same time, such headsets lack sturdiness in general.
Own headphones amalgamate the quality of both kinds of headphones. You should select the type of headset microphones that serve the best according to your needs and requirements.
The signal quality and the reception are hugely impacted by the distance from the transmitter to the receiver. You must always go for a system that is in an adequate transmission range for your space.
Obstructions in the signal path, including support beams, can also affect reception. Having a clear line of sight from transmitter to receiver is always a great choice and serves well.
You must always go for a kind of headset microphone For Recording YouTube Videos that does not make your ears feel uncomfortable and numb after hours if regular use.
To avoid sweat buildup, you should always select a headset having modest padding along with a suede type material.
The noise-canceling technology in the headset microphone that you are going to buy is a relevant factor determining the kind of headset microphone that you choose to buy.
Check If The Headset Fits
First, take the headset you want to buy and wear it. Then, check if it fits nicely inside your ear. If it seems much tight or much loss, do not purchase. But if the product snugly fits, you can rely on it.
Check-up How It Sounds
Headset microphones are all about recording and hearing sounds. So, it’s obvious you demand a rich quality sound. That’s why you need to hear by yourself how the sounds are like? Then, if they are clear and nice, you can purchase them.
Know If It’s Durable
It’s a common problem for all of us that headset microphones stop working soon after using them. It’s because we mostly buy without checking if it’s durable or not. If you want to know how durable a product is, the best way is to see its ratings.
Check The Comfortness
The headset microphone needs to feel comfortable in your ears. Because if you suddenly buy one of these headsets and it fits much tighter into your ears, your ears will start to hurt.
As a result, you will feel uncomfortable and cannot continue your work. Hence, whenever you want to purchase a headset microphone, wear and feel its comfort.
Fix A Budget
Fixing the budget for investing in a product helps people get their desired product while saving a lot of money. If you don’t fix the budget, you might purchase a product that costs a lot, but you would have worked fine without it.
So, fix the budget and compare between headset microphones. We are sure you will not spend money on unnecessary products and purchase the right headset Instead.
FAQs On Headset Microphone For Recording
1: Are Headset Microphones Good?
Ans: Yes, headset microphones are outstanding gadgets for gaming and communicating. However, it’s not a good idea to use headphones all the time.
Because any electronic gadget can harm us internally, but if you pair up a quality headphone to a dedicated microphone, it will not do much harm.
2: What is a Headset Microphone?
Ans: A headset microphone is a microphone that is made with a head attachment. Again, these don’t require hand operations.
It offers the user considerable freedom to move and can convert human voice into transmitted electrical signals. These are available in different kinds with wired or wireless interfaces.
3: Is a Headset Better Than A Microphone?
Ans: If you are a gamer and prefer sound quality over virtual sounds, then headphones will work better.
However, the mic of a headset tends to sound kind of distorted. Plus, the sound can come off to other gamers as a nuisance. There is another good option, which is an attachable microphone.
4: Can I Use A Headset As A Microphone?
Ans: Yes, since the operation principle of both headset and microphone is the same, you can surely use your headset as a microphone. But here, the minor problem is that it will not provide high-quality sounds.
5: Do all Headsets Have A Microphone?
Ans: Generally, headphones are made to listen to music. But multiple purpose headphones have microphones added for streaming games and communicating, so if you need a microphone with the headset, you should buy a multiple purpose headset.
Be it the in-depth design of gaming headsets or affordable and straightforward models of essential headset microphones; you should always go for the one that suits your needs and requirements.
You can use these headsets either for voice recording or even being a full-time podcast creator.
The article mentioned above must have provided you with a detailed idea about the various kinds of headset microphones and what things you should consider when you are going to purchase one.
If you have any other queries about best headset microphone for recording audio, you can let us know in the comments section. Thanks for reading.