Lenovo is a well-known desktop and laptop computer brand. You might hear it all over this brand name. You should know how to remove batteries from your computer if you are a Lenovo laptop user.
In this post, we will show you how to remove the battery from a Lenovo laptop Well, specific techniques are simple, but if you attempt to remove the battery for the first time without knowing anything, you will be blind. Before doing anything, it’s best to know.
How To Remove The Battery From A Lenovo Laptop?
So, let us get started without further ado:
How to remove the Lenovo laptop battery. Let’s speak about why you’d remove your Lenovo laptop battery before starting the process.
The battery may be removed from your Lenovo laptop for numerous reasons.
One of them is changing the battery. The battery sometimes gets destroyed, and it’s a significant issue. It would help if you thus changed the battery.
And you must know how to remove the battery first to change the battery.
- Removing the battery from the back
- Get Rid Of the battery from the end that is under the cover
- Removing the battery from the front
Methods 1. Remove The Battery From The Back
Some batteries of Lenovo laptop are put on the rear. And removing the battery is very easy for this generation of laptops. You have no difficulty removing the battery.
The steps here are:
- Either unplug it or unhook the power cable if your laptop is connected.
- Turn your laptop over and face the bottom.
- Locate the latch battery on the base of the laptop. Some of the typical locks found on laptops are shown in the picture above.
- Slide the latch switch on the other side to remove the battery and hold it open before it is released.
- The battery appears on specific computers alone. In others, with your fingertips, you must take the battery out softly.
Now you can do whatever you want with your Lenovo laptop’s battery.
Make the opposite steps to install the laptop battery.
Method 2. Removing The Battery From The Back That Is Under The Cover
Yeah, some Lenovo laptop batteries are placed under the back cover. So if you want to remove your laptop’s battery, you have to remove the outside first.
Here Are The Steps To Do It:
- First, turn off the laptop and unplugged it from everything.
- Now, turn over your laptop.
- After that, take a screwdriver and remove all the screws from the back.
- Remove the optical drive. You have to remove it before removing the cover.
- Now, remove the cover.
- Here you will see the battery of your laptop. Also, you will notice some screws which are attaching the battery to the computer. Now, remove all the screws again.
- After doing this, you will also notice that a cable connecting the battery with the laptop. Unplug the cable too.
- Now remove the battery. You are done.
It was so easy.
So, you already know the two ways to remove the Lenovo laptop battery. But a third approach still exists. So, let us leap. Let’s hop on.
Method 3. Removing The Battery from The Front Well
Some Lenovo laptop’s batteries are placed on the front like Ideapad 100-110 or 300-310. So, you have to notice where is your laptop’s battery is placed.
Steps You Have to Follow:
- First, turn off the laptop and unplugged everything.
- Then turn over your laptop.
- Take a screwdriver and remove all the screws from the back cover.
Remove the cover now. Remember, in this version of the laptop. You can remove the cover near half of the computer.
- Now turn over the laptop again to go to the front.
- After that, remove the keyboard.
- Here you will see some screws after removing the keyboard. You have to remove all the screws now. Also, remove the cables.
- Then remove the front cover.
- You will see the battery of your laptop now. Remove all the screws that are joining the battery with the computer.
- Now remove the battery cable. You will find it in the same place as the battery screws.
- Turn over the laptop again to go for the back.
- Now pull out the battery from your laptop.
Well, you have done your work well. Reverse the steps to install it again.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How To Solve Random Shutdown Issues In Lenovo Laptops?
Ans: When it comes to their batteries, Lenovo has an imperfect past. If this only happens on the battery, the battery is likely to be a problem. The battery might indicate 70 or 40 percent, but it simply randomly powers off.
It’s a frequent problem. You have to change the battery and after one year or so the problem will recur. Besides utilizing the laptop as a desktop with the attached power adapter, you can’t do anything about this at any moment.
The other problem may be overheating. I placed the laptop on blower mode and blew off the dust with a can of pressurized air or a vacuum cleaner. Make sure that all air ventilation is dust-free. Entertain clean fan(s).
Turn the system on and ensure that the fan(s) are rotating. If not, substitute the fans – they are inexpensive, and you can. If the fans are all OK, remove the heatsink, clean the system, apply a new, heatsink and reseat. Replace a heatsink + fan(s) assembly if this doesn’t work.
Next, if your computer does not have a fan or visible ventilation apertures, it depends on cooling conduction. If a gadget often overheats in an ordinary, non-abusive way, it is a fundamental problem that the user may not correct.
It is ideal for a competent repair shop to make the gadget, mainly if a guarantee includes. It is possibly a defective motherboard if overheating does not start. SO you should call tech support if your system is under warranty.
If the system has no guarantee and you may buy an extended guarantee, then you will acquire a comprehensive guarantee and call assistance for the technology.
You can also go to a trustworthy maintenance specialist – be sure you trust him or her or pay for components you don’t desire.
Furthermore, the software may potentially be the problem. Sometimes BSODs may be present, but the laptop generally reboots and does not shut down.
I would propose that you reinstall a new Windows copy on your computer. Check whether this is helpful.
2. What Is The Reason For Shutting Down The Lenovo Laptop Suddenly?
Ans: To safeguard its components from irreparable harm, a laptop might shut down. Whenever the laptop heats over hardware damage, it switches off. Due to dust and hardware failure, the laptop may overheat.
Moreover, any malware application placed within might reboot the Lenovo laptop abruptly. You may unwillingly download and install unwanted applications on your Thinkpad.
Spam software takes space from the RAM and starts intrusive background operations. It can hang both your Windows 10 and your CPU, which restart your PC.
The cause for a reboot of your Lenovo Thinkpad laptop may potentially be defective or damaged hardware. Read all the below to shut off your Lenovo laptop unexpectedly.
3. Virus Can Cause Lenovo Laptop Shutdown?
Ans: It’s pretty challenging to keep your Thinkpad safe from undesired apps and malware. Spammers are using new ways to install and remove the nasty app on your laptop.
So it would help if you had a strong antivirus that can eradicate infections on your computer. To remove the infection, follow the procedures below.
A trustworthy antivirus may be used to remove viruses.
- Microsoft delivered Windows 10 already with built-in security. A truly refreshed window
- Windows 10 is far superior to any antivirus third party.
- An external antiviral can also be selected for additional functions
- First, acquire your membership and advise you on the installation of your product.
- In addition, thorough scanning eliminates all of your PC’s malware.
Well, it is essential to know about your laptop. You need to know how to do everything. Cause you can’t always find someone who can fix your laptop.
Whatever it is for battery or anything else. I hope now you get the how to remove the battery from a Lenovo laptop discussion.