Bookshelf speakers, although small, are a great big deal when choosing a sound system that is within your budget for your room.
If you’re looking for an amazing speaker that would fit perfectly into your medium-sized room, giving you an excellent audio experience, then you have come to the right place.
Bookshelf speakers and also vintage floor speakers are a great way to achieve both a great sound as well as a beautiful decoration.
Several of these speakers come with sub-woofers that give you enough bass to envelop your whole room, accompanied by high resonance tweeters that offer clear and neat audio quality.
Before we delve into the fantastic list of the best vintage bookshelf speakers, you should know that a lot of people go to electronic stores to buy speakers without adequately considering the factors that should influence their decisions.
Top 5 Vintage Bookshelf Speakers Comparison Table
Table of Contents
#1 Polk Audio T15 Review
#2 Klipsch R-41 M
#3 Sony SSCS5 Review
#4 Edifier R1280T
#5 Polk Audio TSi100
Here is Our 5 Best Vintage Bookshelf Speakers List Review
1. Polk Audio T15 Review
Polk speaker manufacturers having spent over 40 years making speakers are best known as the speaker makers that release great products for sale at a very affordable price.
The Polk T15 is a black hundred watt home theatre vintage bookshelf speaker that is wall mountable and works with Dolby and DTS surround.
The speaker is also an Amazon bestseller. The speaker is made with an acoustically inert furniture grade MDF cabinet construction that helps to limit the rate of distortion, giving you a rich and amazing audio quality.
This Vintage Speaker also has a smooth and straightforward set up that you can handle all by yourself without the help of a technician of any sort. Plus, it is affordable.
- Immersive surround sound with one 0.75 inch tweeter and one 5.25 inches balance drivers.
- Wall mountable
- Compatibility with most home theatre AV receivers
- Great sound at an affordable price
- Part of complete 5.1 home theatre set up
- Wall is mountable to give you options of having them hang beautifully on your wall.
- Immersive surround sound for audio quality and clarity
- Surround sound for the complete home theatre set.
- Affordability: for the quality it offers, it is in the best price range.
- Compatibility with most home theatre AV receivers to give you several set up options.
- Not suitable for large rooms or outdoor events
- Could create a cracking sound if the volume is extremely high while the current is low.
You will most definitely fall in love with this speaker becauee it offers a really authentic sound quality that outweighs the amount thst it is sold for. Click this link
2. Klipsch R-41 M Review
This speaker comes as a pair of powerful, detailed bookshelf speakers. It’s a small speaker with an elegant and sleek design that creates impressive audio quality.
The speaker was designed especially for a medium-sized room or to give excellent surround sound to a complete home theatre set for a more significant room setting.
- Single 4 inches spun-copper IMG woofer
- One-inch aluminum tweeter attached to a 90×90 tractrix horn
- 200 watts power handling
- Sensitivity 90dB
- Dimension: 7.9 x 5.8 x 11.3
- The spun-copper IMG woofers are extra light while being equally rigid, creating a fantastic low-frequency response with minimal distortion.
- Aluminum tweeter was made with extremely light and rigid materials that makes it give a resonating and clean sound
- It comes in a sleek and stylish design
- The dimensions make it easy to fit them appropriately in your bookshelf or wherever your choice may be.
- Not suitable for outdoor events or large rooms.
Invest in this great bookshelf speaker by clicking on this link
3. Sony SSCS5 Review
Anyone who knows Sony knows it’s trusted quality every time. And yet again with the Sony SSCS5 3-way 3-driver bookshelf speaker set they are proving beyond reasonable doubts that they put quality first.
A versatile speaker that produces a high quality and unprecedented audio experience in your living space without a unique set up.
Embedded with precise sounding tweeter and woofer capable of filling your room with a sound richness that replicates the original performance.
- 3-way, 3-speaker bass-reflex system
- 5¼ inches foamed-Mica cellular reinforced woofer, a 1-inch polyester main tweeter
- 3/4 inch super tweeter
- Optimised crossover componentry
- Front speakers rated impedance: 6ohms
- Dimension: 17.9 x 10.7 x 16.2 inches.
- The one-inch main tweeter made of polyester fiber helps to give you the more authentic sound
- The 5.1 inches woofer produces a deep, full and stable bass
- The wooden finish blends brilliantly with most interior decors
- It comes in a compact bookshelf design to fit perfectly into a moderately sized bookshelf.
- No warranty
- Not suitable for use in oversized rooms or noisy outdoor events.
For a fantastic audio experience, purchase this speaker by clicking on the link
4. Edifier R1280T Review
A beautiful box shaped bookshelf speaker that performs beautifully in sound production. It combines a vintage outlook with modern sound quality. It is not expensive, can be used for several purposes, and it offers deep and balanced bass sound.
You can personalize the audio quality with the treble, bass, and volume dials. Part of the accessories include a remote control for increasing and decreasing the volume without touching the speaker.
- 13mm silk dome tweeter and 4-inch full-range unit
- Remote control
- Warranty of up to two years
- Classic wood finish
- 2x AUX input
- The dome tweeter produces a natural and full sound
- The AUX input helps you conveniently connected to a device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output.
- Remote control helps you adjust volume without having to move from your spot.
- two year warranty makes sure you can return it if you find any fault
- It is made for a medium-sized apartment and not for large rooms
- Extremely loud volumes could reduce sound quality.
For a beautiful aural experience and retro appearance, you should go for this fantastic speaker using this link
5. Polk Audio TSi100 Review
Another Polk product that made the list of the great vintage bookshelf speakers. The pair comes in small size but with big sound performance. Fit for use in small rooms or as surround sound speakers in a full home theater set.
- One-inch polymer composite dynamic balance dome tweeters
- 5.2 inches woofer
- Black high gloss piano-finish
- Frequency response: 53Hz 25kHz
- Dimension: 10.2 x 7 x 11 inches
- The high-class woofer helps provide you with deep and full bass sounds.
- The one-inch polymer tweeter creates clear-cut sounds that reach the ends and corners of your room.
- It has a beautiful design that fits quite well with interior decor.
- A small fitted shape that fits perfectly into your shelf
- Not appropriate for outdoor events or large rooms
If quality is what you are after and want. If you’re going to get the best audio experience with really little money, then you must not scroll past this link for you to get this bookshelf speaker.
Factors to Consider When Buying A Vintage Bookshelf Speakers(A Buying Guide)
Don’t get overwhelmed by the excitement of owning a speaker set and ignore these significant facts. They’ll better guide your choices and give you real value for the money you’re spending on the speakers.
Ignoring them could lead to later regrets as regards the amount you spent purchasing them, when you find out they are not exactly what you or your room need. Some really good factors you have to consider include but not limited to the following.
1. Your Room Size:
Before you purchase any speaker at all, make sure you consider the size of your room. You don’t want to have a massive speaker in your small place.
For you to get the appropriate value for your money, you will need to be sure to get a speaker that will produce enough sound to fill up your room.
Another thing to note is that, bigger speakers won’t only provide volume which will be too much for your compact room, it will also consume so much space and space is an ideal instrument for a we’ll set room.
2. Your Financial Budget/Plan:
Okay, they say money is king, right? Well, I’ll say a big YES to that. Before picking up that speaker from the electronic store, have you considered how much you have or would be left with?
That may not matter to you until you’ve spent so much on speakers that may not vibe enough to commensurate the price. Well, not the ones I’m about to introduce to you, though.
3. Your Sense Of Style:
well, a lot of people wouldn’t give this so much consideration, but it is just as important as any other factor. A high sounding speaker is good, but a good looking speaker is great.
There are several speaker manufacturers that give much focus to the sleekness of their products in order for them to serve audio as well as decoration purposes.
The style or design of the speaker may not seem like a great big deal until you ideally need to spice up your room’s design.
4. Ease of Set-Up:
your speaker should be easy to set up. You should not have to look for a technician to set the speaker up. The connection should be as easy as plugging your charger to a socket.
It also makes it easy to move the speaker out of your room without having to worry about the stress of setting it up
5. Your Television Set:
how is the speaker going to look sitting pretty beside your television set? Do you even have a television set, to begin with?
Well, if you don’t have one, you could decide to get one first, but if you’re like very many other people who prefer good sounding audio to clear visuals and me, then you can just ride on.
6. The Specification:
before buying a bookshelf speaker, you should look out for the specs, they should guide you through the decision making process. You need to choose which specification would best fit your preferences.
Do you like the projected audio quality? Do you like the design and colour? Are you satisfied with the accessories that it comes with? All these questions need to be answered before deciding which speaker is most suitable for you.
7. The Size of The Speaker:
yes, after considering the size of your room, you have to factor in the size of the speaker you are buying. You don’t want it to be too small, and you don’t want to have it too big either. It has to be the perfect size for your room and the decoration.
Buy a bookshelf speaker for medium sized and compact room but don’t buy it if you have an extremely large room unless you’re using it as sorround speakers.
Now that we have gone through the buying guide. The following is a list of five (5) of the Best Vintage Bookshelf Speakers to invest your money in, to get value for it.