5 Best Mic For Youtube Videos-You Should Know
Recording quality video is essential for creating a successful YouTube channel. But which microphone is best for video recording? This blog answers this question by discussing Which Type of mic is the best mic for youtube videos? And their respective benefits for video recording.
This blog covers every possible option, from condenser mics to dynamic mics. So that you can find the perfect mic for your needs. In addition, our top 5 mic picks are outlined, so you can make an informed decision about which mic to buy. So what are you waiting for? Start recording quality videos today with the help of the right microphone.
What Are The Types Of Microphones?
Table of Contents
Choosing the right microphone for your YouTube videos can be a daunting task. But don’t worry, we’re here to help. There are five types of microphones, each with its unique features. Once you know which type of mic is best for your needs, it’s easy to find out how to use it in a step-by-step tutorial.
Make sure to choose the right mic for the job – for example, a shotgun mic is best for audio recordings, while a lavalier mic is best for video recordings. And finally, make sure to check out our blog for more great tips and tricks on video production.
One-Time Investment – Portable Mics
Portable mics are the perfect audio equipment for online video recording. They’re easy to transport and use, making them great for short videos or live streaming. Shotgun microphones have a wide sound range and are best suited for capturing audio in noisy environments, while condenser mics produce higher-quality sound than other mic types.
For more serious recordings, consider buying a lapel mic which is good for interviews and meetings as it offers better sound quality than handheld or boom mics.
Plug And Play – Condenser Mics
Condenser microphones are the best option for voiceover recordings. They capture more sound details than other mic types and are perfect for use with audio devices such as computers, audio recorders, and video cameras. They come in different shapes and sizes so that you can find one perfect for your needs.
Additionally, condenser mics are expensive, but they produce the best quality recordings overall. So if you want to achieve high-quality voiceovers, condenser mics should be at the top of your list. You can also use them to podcast or make videos; it depends on the content you plan on creating.
Budget-Friendly Option – Digital Microphones
When it comes to video recording, a good microphone is essential. But not all mics are created equal – that’s where digital microphones come in. There are three main types of digital microphones: condenser mic, dynamic mic, and electret mic.
Condenser mics are the most expensive but offer the best sound quality. Dynamic mics are cheaper and sometimes less than satisfactory for YouTube videos due to their lack of quality audio reproduction; however, they’re perfect for other applications such as voiceovers or podcast recordings.
Electret mics are the cheapest option and don’t produce as good of sound quality as condenser or dynamic mic options; however, they’re also very portable, so you can take them wherever you go.
Long-Term Investment – Wireless Mic Systems
When it comes to video production, audio quality is essential. Wireless mic systems offer great sound quality and are ideal for recording interviews, voiceovers, or audio-based content.
There are six types of wireless mic systems: lavalier microphone, shotgun microphone, condenser microphone, dynamic cardioid pickup pattern microphone (DCPM), omnidirectional condenser microphone (OCM), and stereo pickup pattern microphones (SPM).
Each has its benefits and drawbacks that you should be aware of before making a purchase. To get the best audio quality from your wireless mic system, use the right mic type for the job at hand.
In-Ear Headset Mic
The in-ear headset mic will be an excellent choice if you want a discreet, easy-to-use one. This microphone is typically used for YouTube videos because it does not need cords, and its audio quality is good enough even without sound quality enhancement software.
The lavalier mic will give you better sound quality for interviews or speeches due to its better microphone pickup pattern. You can choose between omnidirectional or cardioid mic, depending on your needs.
How To Choose The Right Mic For Youtube Videos
Various types of microphones are available on the market, and each has its advantages and disadvantages. If you’re planning to record videos for your website or YouTube channel, you’ll need to choose a microphone that can capture good sound quality. You’ll need to consider two main types of microphones: condenser and dynamic.
Condenser microphones use electric fields to collect sound waves, while dynamic microphones use vibrations instead. Condenser mics are better at capturing high-frequency sounds (like voices), while dynamic mics are better at capturing low-frequency sounds (like drums). However, both types of microphones produce good sound quality overall.
The other key factor to consider when choosing a mic is its noise-cancellation feature. This will help reduce background noise so that your voice stands out more clearly in the video clip. Some mics also come with adjustable sensitivity levels, allowing you to adjust them according to the volume level of the audio source you’re using.
Ultimately, it’s important to test out different mics before making a final decision. This way, you can find one that suits your needs perfectly and produces high-quality audio recordings.
Best Mic For Youtube Videos – Our Top 5
When it comes to recording videos for YouTube, it’s important to select the right microphone. Many different types are available on the market, so it can be difficult to decide which is best for you. Our top 5 include studio condenser microphones, lapel mics, boom mics, and handheld and digital voice recorders.
Each type of microphone has its particular advantages and disadvantages when it comes to recording video. For example, lapel mics are good for capturing audio in close quarters, while boom mics are great for capturing audio in large spaces. It’s essential to test out each mic before deciding to find the right one for your needs.
1. SE Electronics – 2200 Large Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Mic
The SE Electronics sE2200a II C Large Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone is a great microphone for recording acoustic guitars and other instruments with a clear sound. It comes with a shock mount, which minimizes vibrations and enhances the audio quality.
The cardioid pickup pattern makes it perfect for capturing vocals in isolation – ideal for podcasting, video recording, or any other audio application where you need good communication quality.
About This Item
- Frequency range- 20hz-20khz
- 48v Power
- Max SPL-125/135/145db
- Impedance-<50 ohms
- The SE Electronics – 2200 Large Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Mic is a highly versatile mic that can use for various purposes.
- It has a high sound quality, making it perfect for recording videos or audio recordings.
- This mic is also relatively affordable, making it an affordable option for those looking for a quality microphone that won’t break the bank.
- It’s also easy to use and portable, making it perfect for use in live performances or when recording video interviews.
- Some people may find that this mic doesn’t produce the best sound quality compared to other, more expensive options on the market.
2. Audio-Technica AT875R Line + Gradient Condenser Microphone
The Audio-Technica AT875R line microphone is our top pick for recording videos that look and sound great. Its gradients create a natural-looking video, while its audio quality is excellent. Additionally, this mic is durable and has a USB connection for easy uploading to your computer or media device.
About this Item
- Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- Extremely short length (under 7 inches) ideal for use with compact digital cameras
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of the mic
- Tailored response minimizes camera and handling noise
- It has a high sensitivity for capturing loud sound, making it ideal for capturing sound from loud environments like concerts or sporting events.
- It also has a low noise level, which makes it perfect for capturing delicate sounds without compromising the quality of your recordings.
- The gradient condenser microphone reduces noise and distortion.
- It comes with a preamp and a built-in headphone output.
- The price is on the higher end compared to other microphones that have similar features and performance.
3. Blue Yeti USB Microphone – Silver
The Blue Yeti USB Microphone is a great option if you are looking for a microphone that will suit your needs and requirements. It is affordable and has good sound quality, making it perfect for video or audio recordings.
Another great thing about this mic is that it comes with a stand, so you can easily use it in different positions – perfect if you need to capture video from an angle or distance, which might be difficult to do otherwise.
About this Item
- Four-Capsule Array – Capture Legendary Blue Broadcast Sound With Greater Focus And Clarity Than Ever For Professional Streaming, Podcasting, And Youtube
- High-Res Led Metering – Visualize Your Voice Level At A Glance And Adjust Up Or Down For Powerful, Broadcast Quality Sound
- Multi-Function Smart Knob – Fine-Tune Your On-Stream Sound With Easy-Access Controls For Mic Gain, Mute, Headphone Volume, And Blend
- The main pros of the Blue Yeti USB microphone are that it’s highly portable and has a wide frequency range, which makes it perfect for capturing loud sounds. Furthermore, it has a cardioid pickup pattern, meaning it will only pick up sound from in front of the mic. This is great for avoiding background noise and ensuring good audio quality.
- The cons of the Blue Yeti USB microphone are that its price is high compared to other mics, and its sensitivity might need to be higher for some users.
4. Blue Snowball – USB
If you’re looking for a microphone that is both affordable and easy to use, the Blue Snowball USB mic is perfect for you. This mic is small enough to fit in your pocket but still offers good sound quality – ideal if you want to capture natural sounds in your videos.
The built-in stand makes it easy to position the microphone where you want it, no matter how cramped or tight the space is.
About this Item
- Legendary Blue broadcast sound: 2-capsule design gives your voice exceptional presence and detail for professional-level recording so you can elevate your YouTube videos, Twitch streaming, and more
- Multiple pickup patterns: The USB microphone features a cardioid pattern for recording and streaming and is omnidirectional, which puts you “in the room” for conference calls on Zoom, Skype, and more
- Stylish retro design: Record or stream in style with a classic recording equipment design that looks great on your desktop and camera; available in 3 bold colors
- The blue snowball is a USB microphone considered one of the best options for video recording. It has several advantages over other mics, including its relatively affordable, easy-to-use, and good-quality recorded sound.
- One downside to the blue snowball is that it doesn’t have a very long life span; after about six months, it will lose its quality.
5. Zoom H4N Multitrack Recorder
If you’re looking for a high-quality microphone that can produce great-quality audio and video, the Zoom H4N is our top pick. It has a built-in condenser mic that ensures clear recordings without any background noise. Plus, it has an XLR output, so you can easily share your videos online.
About this Item
- RECORD BETTER VOCALS INSTANTLY | Take Your Craft to the Next Level with the Ritz Gear Video & Broadcast Unidirectional Microphone | Powerful Device Helps You Produce Professional Quality Recordings Including Film/TV Audio, Interviews.
- 10.8″ UNIDIRECTIONAL MICROPHONE | Powerful Condenser Shotgun Microphone Pairs Perfectly with Your Favorite Pro Camera & Features Durable Aluminum Alloy Construction for Dependable Indoor & Outdoor Use | 100Hz-16KHz Frequency Response.
- FLAWLESS VOICE & SOUND CAPTURE | Ultra-Sensitive Cartridge Condenser Picks Up Wide-Ranging Vocals, Music & Audio Effects with Exceptional Clarity & Accuracy | Excellent Choice for Capturing Actor Voicework.
- It’s affordable, making it a good option for budget-conscious video producers.
- It has various input and output options, making it suitable for various devices.
- The built-in motor stabilizes the microphone during recording, minimizing noise and distortion.
- It has multiple modes (such as condenser mode) to achieve different recording qualities.
- Some people need help to set up and use.
- The sound quality could be better than some other types of microphones.
In the end, we found that dynamic and condenser mics were equally good at recording audio. And we also show Which Type of mic is best for video recording. Condenser mic can be quite more expensive than its dynamic counterpart.
In case you are planning to buy a new microphone for your video recordings, it’s always advisable to test both types of microphones before making a purchase decision. When shopping online, you can also try renting one from an internet rental store.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Are The Different Microphones, And Which Is Best For Video Recording?
Ans: When it comes to video recording, the different types of microphones available can impact the quality of sound captured. Here are the three most popular microphone types: condenser, omnidirectional, and ribbon.
Condenser mics are great for capturing high-quality sound because they have a wide frequency range and can capture sound from both the mic’s front and back.
2. Which Microphone Should I Buy If I’m A Beginner Filmmaker?
Ans: A condenser mic will be the best option if you’re a beginner filmmaker looking for a good mic. Condenser mics are versatile and easy to use and can use for both audio recording and video recording. If budget is your main concern, then the Rode Video Micro Pro shotgun mic may be a good investment.
3. What Are Some Of The Best Features Of Each Type Of Microphone?
Ans: Regarding microphone types, shotgun mics are good for close-up recordings as they pick up a wider range of sounds. Condenser mic types are best when you’re looking to capture clearer vocals or acoustic instruments, while ribbon mic types are perfect if you want to add warmth and depth to your audio recordings.
4. How Can I Improve My Audio Quality When Shooting Videos With A Mic?
One of the best ways to improve audio quality when shooting videos with a mic is to buy a condenser microphone. Condenser mics are good at capturing sound details and are often preferred over dynamic mics because they have a wider frequency range.
Other factors to consider when choosing a mic for video recording include the mic’s frequency range, sensitivity (how loud the mic can be without sound distortion), and feedback (how loud the mic audio pickup is).
5. Can I Use Multiple Mics Simultaneously When Recording Videos?
Ans: You can use multiple mics simultaneously when recording videos. However, choosing the right type of mic for your needs is important. There are six types of microphones that you can use: shotgun mics, dynamic or condenser mics, lavalier mics, ribbon microphones, handheld or portable recorders with built-in mics, and voice-activated recorders.