If your MSI laptop is not starting up or you’re having problems with it, you may need to factory reset it. This will delete all the data on the computer and restore it to its original state.
We’ve put together this guide on factory reset Msi laptop. This article will outline the steps necessary for resetting your MSI laptop to its factory settings. We will also cover clearing the cache and cookies, hard Reset it, restoring the BIOS settings, and wiping the Windows drive. So whether you’re having issues with your laptop settings or want to restore it to its original condition, read on and get started.
What Is Factory Reset?
Table of Contents
Factory reset is a process by which you restore your computer to its original condition. This can be helpful if you want to get it back to the state it was in when you first bought it or if something has gone wrong and you need to start from scratch. There are many ways to factory reset a laptop, but the basics are always the same.
You’ll need to turn off your laptop, remove the battery, remove the memory card and any other removable storage devices, unplug the power cord, and then turn your laptop over so that the screws on the bottom are facing up. After unscrewing these screws, you can take off the keyboard and screen.
Next, you’ll use a Phillips screwdriver to remove all the screws around the motherboard and then unplug everything. Finally, you can lift the motherboard and pop out its components. From here, it’s easy to put everything back together in exactly the same order and restore your computer back to its original condition.
Easy Steps To Factory Reset Msi Laptop
If you’re having trouble with your MSI laptop, then factory reset it. This will restore the computer to its default settings and ensure all information is backed up. To do this, first, turn off your laptop and unplug it from the power source.
Then, press and hold down the Fn key and the Esc key simultaneously until you see a dialog box titled “Windows Recovery Environment (Windows 10/8.1/8)” appear. Click on Repair my Computer. On the next screen, select the Troubleshoot option and then click Advanced Options.
Under System Restore, click on Reset this PC to its current condition. After clicking on Reset, click on Next and then on Finish. Your laptop will now start repairing itself. Here are the easy steps for factory resetting an MSI laptop:
1.Turn Off Your Computer
To factory reset an MSI laptop, turn off the device and then press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds until you see a screen that says “Shutdown.” On this screen, release the power button.
After the computer has shut down, press and hold the Ctl+Alt+Del (Windows logo key + R key) keys together for about 10 seconds until you see a “Windows 8/8.1 Start Up” screen. From here, you can start your computer from the hard drive or from the last time you used it.
2.Remove The Battery And Storage Cards
To factory reset an MSI laptop, you must remove the battery and storage cards. Afterward, you will need to turn off the laptop, disconnect all of its cables, and press the main power button for five seconds to start it up safely.
From here, you will be able to access the recovery menu by pressing F2 during startup. From there, you can restore your computer to its original settings or fix problems since the last time installed it.
3.Boot Your Computer Into Safe Mode By Pressing F8 While It’s Turned On
To factory reset your MSI laptop, you’ll need to boot it into Safe Mode. To do this, press F8 while it’s turned on. This will bring up a menu screen with options for starting the computer in Safe Mode, booting into Windows, or starting the Recovery Console. The Recovery Console is a special mode that allows you to restore your computer to its original state. Click the Repair Your Computer link and follow the instructions to complete the reset process.
4.Select Advanced Options And Then Recovery From The List On The Left
To factory reset your MSI laptop, you’ll need to select Advanced Options and then Recovery from the list on the left. You’ll then be able to choose whether you want to format the hard drive or restore your computer to its original factory settings.
On the Recovery tab, select your preferred language and click Next. Select your operating System and click Next. After that, select your boot drive and click Next. Select your backup drive and click next. Click Next to start the factory reset process.
5.Choose Factory Reset From The List On The Right
If you’re having trouble with your MSI laptop, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the problem. First, you can resolve the issue by using the built-in features of the computer. However, if that doesn’t work, you can factory reset it.
To factory reset your MSI laptop, ensure it is turned off and unplugged from any external devices. Then, press and hold down the power button until the menu appears onscreen. From here, choose Factory Reset and follow the onscreen instructions.
6.Follow The Onscreen Instructions To Complete The Reset
If you’re having problems with your MSI laptop, the first thing you should do is try resetting it. This will help restore your computer to its original state and solve any issues you may be experiencing.
To reset your MSI laptop, follow the onscreen instructions after turning it on. First, press and hold down the Delete key while pressing the F8 key at the same time. A menu will appear, from which you can select Reset this PC. After confirming your choice, your laptop will start resetting itself and should be back to normal in no time.
What Is The Best Way To Factory Reset An MSI Laptop?
To factory reset an MSI laptop, turn it off by pressing the power button and then disconnecting the battery. After that, press and hold the F10 key while turning on the laptop. The laptop should now display a prompt asking you to choose whether to format or restore the hard drive. Choose “Format” and then follow the instructions. To factory reset an MSI laptop, do the following:
- First, turn off your laptop by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds.
- Remove the battery cover and disconnect the AC adapter.
- Turn your laptop over so that you can see both sides.
- Remove four screws on the bottom of your laptop with a Phillips screwdriver.
- Locate a black slider at one corner of your machine and pull it out until it snaps into place, then push inwards until it locks again (see image below).
- Move two other sliders to their unlock position – these will be used later during the resetting process (see the image below).
- Now gently remove all six screws from underneath the motherboard by lifting them upwards while holding onto either end of the ribbon cable connected to it (the white connector). Make sure not to lose the white connector ribbon cable.
- Once everything is removed, gently lift the motherboard and place it on a flat surface.
- Finally, hold the power button for 10 seconds to restart your laptop.
How To Clear The Cache And Cookies On An MSI Laptop
Clearing the cache and cookies on a laptop can help to restore the System to its factory settings. If you’re having problems with your laptop, clearing the cache may help to fix them quickly. First, to clear the cache and cookies on an MSI laptop, press the F12 key to open the boot menu. From here, you can choose to start an advanced system scan or clear the cache and cookies. To clear the cache and cookies on an MSI laptop, follow these steps:
- Click the “Start” button and “Control Panel.”
- Select “Internet Options.”
- Click the “Security” tab and the “Custom Level…” button.
- Under the “Privacy” category, click on the “Cookies” button.
- In the Cookies pane, click on the menu icon next to the cookie file you want to delete (for example, Cookies2).
- Select “Delete All Cookies.”
- Click OK to save your changes and close Control Panel.
How To Do A System Restore On An MSI Laptop
If you’re having trouble with your MSI laptop, or it’s just not performing as it should, sometimes a system restore is the answer. A system restore is like a factory reset, but it’s usually much more comprehensive and allows you to fix common problems without reinstalling everything. To do a system restore on your MSI laptop, follow these simple steps:
- Start by pressing the Windows key + R to open the Run box.
- Type “MSConfig” and click OK.
- Under the Boot tab, select System Restore.
- In the System Restore window that pops up, select your desired date and time range.
- Click Next to start the restoration process.
How To Make A Hard Drive Recovery On An MSI Laptop
If you’re having trouble with your MSI laptop, it’s a good idea to factory reset it. This will erase all of the data on the hard drive and restore the machine to its original condition. Before you go ahead and reset your laptop, make sure you have a copy of all your important files. In case something goes wrong, you’ll be able to restore the laptop to its original settings by following these simple steps:
- Shut down your laptop and unplug it from the power supply.
- Remove the battery and any external storage devices (such as USB drives) if you use them.
- Locate your computer’s hard drive (usually in a green drive bay).
- If the hard drive isn’t removed, remove it by pressing down on the retention clip and pulling it outwards. Carefully place it in a safe location so that you can restore it later if needed.
- Once the hard drive is out of the laptop, replace the battery, plug in your laptop, and turn it on by pressing F9 during startup or when prompted to do so during installation of Windows 10 or 8.1 Update 1 or later.
How To Wipe The Windows Drive On An MSI Laptop
The Windows drive is corrupt if you’re having problems with your MSI laptop. In this case, you’ll need to factory reset the computer to restore its original condition. You can wipe the drive and restore it to its original condition using the following instructions:
- Open the Start menu, click All Programs, and then click Windows System Tools.
- In the Windows System Tools window, click Disk Management.
- In the Disk Management window, right-click your hard disk and select Format from the context menu.
- Type a name for the new disk (for example, C:) and press Enter.
- Select GUID Partition Table from the Format dialog box and press Enter twice again.
- On the parameter screen, click OK to continue formatting your disk and choose Quick Format, as shown in Figure A below.
How To Restore The Bios Settings On An Msi Laptop?
If you’re having trouble getting your MSI laptop to start up, or if it’s just not performing as you want it to, there may be a problem with its BIOS (basic input/output system). To restore the BIOS settings on an MSI laptop, follow these steps:
- First, make sure that your battery is fully charged.
- Boot your MSI laptop into Safe Mode by pressing F8 during startup and selecting “Safe Mode with Networking.”
- Once in Safe Mode, disconnect all external devices and disable any anti-virus software you have installed.
- Launch the BIOS setup program by pressing F2 while in Safe Mode and entering the Administrator password when prompted.
- Select “Save Settings” and then choose a location on your computer where you want to save the BIOS file.
- Click “Load” to save the updated BIOS file and reboot your MSI laptop into regular mode.
A factory reset is a procedure that restores the computer to its factory settings. This means that all of the user’s data, programs, and settings will be erased and replaced with the original settings installed when they first purchased the computer.
After reading this guide, you can factory reset your MSI laptop easily and troubleshoot any issues that may arise. We have outlined the easy steps you need to take to factory reset your laptop and also explained the available restore options and restore settings. So, if you want to factory reset your laptop or restore its settings, read through this guide first.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.Will Hard Reset Delete Everything Laptop?
Ans: There is no definite answer as to whether or not a hard reset will delete everything on a laptop. However, it’s generally recommended that you back up your data before doing anything drastic like a hard reset. This way, you can always restore your computer to its original condition if something goes wrong.
2.Can Factory Settings Be Restored On An MSI Laptop?
Ans: Yes, it is possible to restore factory settings on an MSI laptop. This guide will help you do just that. Before you begin, ensure that you have the original backup file of your data in case anything goes wrong.
Also, be aware that this restoration process may take a while, so be patient. Once you have followed the guide to the letter and restored factory settings on your MSI laptop, you should find that it starts up properly, crashes are eliminated, and you lose no data in the process.
3.Can I Erase The Entire Hard Drive Of An MSI Laptop?
Ans: Yes, it is possible to factory reset an MSI laptop by following the given steps. You will need a USB cable to connect your laptop to the computer and take down all of its settings.
- Click the Start button and type “Regedit” in the search bar.
- Once Regedit opens up, open “Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Backup And Restore.”
- In “Backup Options,” uncheck everything except Restore Previous Windows installation files using System Image Recovery (DISM). Click OK when finished.
4.What Happens If I Delete The Operating System Partition On An MSI Laptop?
Ans: If you delete the operating system partition on an MSI laptop, it will not be possible to use it, and the computer will have to be sent in for repairs. In order to restore your computer back to its factory settings, all hard drive data must be deleted first – including all files, folders, and images.
Etc. The process of restoring the machine to its original state is called ‘factory resetting’ and is highly recommended by MSI as part of its warranty policy.
5.What Happens If I Delete Everything But The Recovery Partition On An MSI Laptop?
Ans: If you delete everything but the recovery partition on a laptop from MSI, this could render your laptop inoperable, and you would have to bring it to a service center or buy a new one.
The recovery partition is where the manufacturer installs all necessary software for your laptop if something goes wrong. If you delete everything else on your computer, MSI will provide you with a USB drive that has all of the required files restored so that you can continue using your laptop.