Your headset mic not working and you hate Windows 10 more and more, right? Peace of mind, inside we show you the best solutions.
The microphone can be a very troublesome peripheral, even if it works properly. However, it is very irritating when it does not work and we do not know why.
Interestingly, it can be due to a number of reasons, but the good news is that it is a fairly misdiagnosed failure. Therefore, we show you the best solutions for Windows 10. So, here we start:
Headset Mic Not Working Windows 10 The Ultimate Way To Fix
1. Check Its Operation
We are going to carry out the technique of ruling out possible culprits, so we start by checking its operation. Let’s see if it’s just muted or the levels are lowered. To do this, do the following:
- Open the start menu and hit the “gear” on the left to open “Settings”.
- Once open, go to “sound” to access the audio options.
- Then, go to “microphone properties”. Within the new menu, click on “additional device properties”.
- In the new window, go to the “levels” tab to see how the volume is or check if it is muted.
2. Windows 10 Microphone Setup
If you have a lowered bar in volume, raise it and try to see how it responds. To test its operation, you can test the microphone from the same “settings” menu, or you can use the Windows voice recorder.
Finally, check that the microphone is not physically muted or turned off by a button that incorporates this. Also, see if it is well connected to the plate.
3. Default Device
This “nonsense” has solved the problem of the microphone not working in Windows 10. It is not something universal, but it may be the solution you need. It is very simple and has a few steps:
- Double-click on the speaker on the taskbar. Then, we will have an “Open volume mixer”.
- Open the mixer, left-click on “System sounds”.
- A new window will open, go to the “Burn” tab.
- Select the microphone and click the “Default” button.
- If your microphone does not come out, it may be deactivated, so right-click on a blank space and select “Show disabled devices”.
- If you see a disabled microphone, there would be a problem.
- Use the voice recorder or the microphone test to see if the problem has been fixed.
4. Activate Applications
In this solution, we are going to get back into the Windows settings menu. Sometimes everything is solved by activating a simple obvious option that we do not have in mind. To activate this function, we must do the following:
- Access the Settings panel, as we have done in the previous solutions.
- Select the option “Privacy”. Once inside, go to “Microphone” in the left column.
- In the section, make sure that the switch “Allow applications to access the microphone” is “activated”.
- There you can see the applications that do not have access to your microphone, so it will not work in them.
5. Device Administrator
The whole problem may be due to an outdated driver or some other hardware-related conflict. So we’re going to go to the device manager and “tap” a few things on the microphone. Do this:
- Open the device manager. You can do it by searching in the Start Menu or from the Control Panel.
- Inside it, look for the drop-down “Audio inputs and outputs”. Next, right-click on “Microphone” and select “update driver”.
- If it is not resolved, you disable it and re-enable it.
- In case it keeps crashing, uninstalls the device, and reinstall it.
6. Windows Audio Service
It’s funny, but it can happen: the microphone doesn’t work because of the Windows 10 Audio service. Let’s do a couple of quick tweaks to fix it.
- First, we have to open the Windows services menu. To do this, just search for “services” in the Start menu.
- Once inside, we have to look for “Windows Audio”.
- When you find it, you have to right-click and select “Properties”. Once inside, go to the “General” tab, and in the “Startup type” drop-down menu, select automatically.
- You give him to accept and it only remains to restart the service. You can do it by right-clicking on Windows Audio and selecting it.
- Restart the PC and check that everything works correctly.
If with these solutions you have not managed to fix it, try with another microphone to set r if it is a software or hardware problem. We know that this “fix” does not help those of you who use the laptop microphone.
We hope that all these solutions have served you for that microphone that does not work in Windows 10. So, that’s all on How to fix headset mic not working windows 10.
If you know of any other method, let us know so that we can incorporate it and thus help everyone a little better. Do you have any questions? Contact us by commenting below.